Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Back.......but for how long?

Yes as I have stated before, I suck at blogging. My last post was over 5 months ago. I guess I should consider it an accomplishment that I still have this blog.

So what has been happening in Mud Duck land you may ask. (And if you aren't, quit reading now because you are about to find out)

I think I will tell of one major thing that happened in 5 months today. Then I will tell another thing tomorrow. That way I'll have to keep coming back and posting because I wouldn't want to let all of you down. (yes I'm assuming someone is reading this)

The family and I went to Orlando this summer. Labor Day weekend to be exact. And it was H O T! In the past we have always visited when there is still snow on the ground and a "-" in front of the high temp of the day in Mud Duck land. So we were in love with FL. I always thought it was sunny and in the 80's with no humidity to speak of. (I regularly bury my head in the sand)

So this time around it was in the mid 90's and with the humidity the heat index was 105 give or take a few. This is how every day went that we were there. Blistering hot by 8:00 a.m. - Not fit for humans by noon, thunderstorms that made you want to run for your life at 2:00, freaking hot again and even more humid by 5:00.

When we finally arrived in Mud Duck land it was 88 degrees and it felt like a breath of fresh air. We will stick to February, March and November for our FL va-ca's.

No comments: