Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Fishing - My way and His way

This summer we went "Up North" for a week, as in a family vacation. Most Mud Duck's like to fish among other water sports since we have so much of it. I don't get a whole lot of enjoyment from fishing. I think the Fish Hot Line puts out the word when I'm around and they all steer clear of my line because I never and I mean never catch a fish.

Have you ever fished with a 2 and 4 yo who cannot sit still for a minute. Nor can they even stop talking for a nano second. One will be in the cooler digging out ice cubes to throw while the other is flipping switches for the blower motor, the horn and whatever else is on the instrument panel. This does not make for a relaxing time and 20 minutes into it I'm ready to jump in the lake and never come up for air. I definitely do not go for that kind of fishing.

In keeping with the title of this post, here is fishing his way;

Pull out a fat slimy worm
Stick a hook through it few times
Cast
Catch
Reel in
Pry hook out of equally slimy but also floppy fish's mouth
Either keep or pitch back
Repeat over
and over
and over again

Fishing my way. (Also referred to as the RIGHT way)

Tune radio to a station that plays some rockin songs
Turn the volume way up (a treat as never listen to music loud for fear of ruining kids hearing)
Shed all clothing except way to skimpy bikini that wouldn't be caught dead in typically
Slather on the SPF50 (cause have to admit am getting older, don't want more wrinkles)
Dig through cooler for ice cold Barcardi Breezer
Stretch out at opposite end of boat from husband
Lay back and shut eyes
Hope to make appropriate noises when husband catches "the big one".

Now that is the only way to fish!!!

No comments: