Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Where is Winter?

The state of mud duck has the real 4 seasons......at least it is supposed to.

Today I spied a female jogging down the sidewalk in shorts and a short sleeved shirt. Nothing to strange in that unless you take into consideration that we should have about 2 feet of snow and be barely above zero on the thermometer. I even saw folks out tooling around on their motorcycles for Pete's sake. One unfortunate (i.e. STUPID) soul drove his brand new truck out onto the ice....and promptly went through.

While I'm not really complaining about the mild winter we are currently experiencing, it is a little odd. My sweetie has spent quite a bit of dough for this fantastic ice shack and all the creature comforts you could think of to go in it. But he cannot use it....and give me some blessed alone time.

My SIL purchased a new sled (mud duck speak for snowmobile) and all the gear for her family to safely ride it. No snow. And they are about as far north as you can get and still be in the continental US.

My son received a sled (no mud duck speak here) as a present this year. He thinks it is a surfboard.

At times these mild winters that we have been having are starting to scare me. I mean, how badly have we messed with nature to where she changing the climate. What is winter going to be like in the state of Mud Duck 20 years from now???

2 comments:

Brandie said...

We have no snow here either. It kind of stinks to be honest.

Welcome back to blogging. My welcome back gift to you is to tag you for a meme! LOL! http://skippingwithbrandie.blogspot.com/2006/12/six-weird-things-about-me.html

Smoov said...

I didn't know you had a blog Jewels! Yaaaay!