Friday, December 22, 2006

Don't Expect Mail

I got a butt load of Christmas cards in the past two days. Most of them were those adorable pictures of families in a winter setting or of the family pet with an appropriate seasonal hat.

Some contained those yearly letters. You know the ones where they tell all about the fantastic things that have happened over the past year. I must confess that I love to read these, especially if they are written with some humor. All that bragging must be accompanied by some humor. It's a rule.

One even thanked me for some charitable work I had recently done AND berated that work all in the same sentence. Yeah, Happy Holidays to you too!! Nothing like the nicely sarcastic Christmas wish to get you in the holiday mood.

Anyway, I admire all of those that make the effort each year to have their holiday cards made. And then take the time to address, seal and stamp each card. On top of that, those of you who sit down and take the time to produce these newsletters full of pictures and astounding accomplishments utterly amaze me.

Have I ever mentioned that I'm a touch lazy? No? See the previous post.

I don't do Christmas cards. I have really never understood the whole concept. I'd rather spend my $50-$100 on gifts for ME! And there isn't anyway I could sit down and write glowing praises for my families accomplishments right now. (Maybe late at night when they are all sleeping)

Why doesn't anyone write that their dog is still pooping in the house, or how their 4 year old son has mastered the "F" word to the delight of his Grandmother. How about teenage daughter deciding that she wasn't going to come home one night or the youngest has turned into a gold miner......trying to get it out of his own nose.

Heaven help my family if I ever decide to give this annual newsletter/Christmas card thing a shot. But for now, don't expect mail from me.

2 comments:

Melodee said...

I always do a letter . . . with what I hope is humor. This year, I sent a Christmas card picture with Grace posing in front of her brothers . . . everyone smiling, but she had her finger in her nose. ;)

Brandie said...

ROFL!
My letters are boring, but I include them!
I did get one letter that did talk about their new cat, who's nick name is stupid cat, and about all the "creative" ways her son got in trouble in kindergarten this year ... omg, the letter was a riot - never have so many bad things been so funny to read!