Thursday, January 3, 2008

A Vote for Warm Weather Climates

Yes I know. Yesterday I felt sorry for those that live in warm climates. Today I'm feeling a little bit different.

I have relatives that live in the great corn state of Nebraska. I am planning to visit them this weekend. And I'm driving. I was just checking weather.com for my travel forecast. And now I have to decide whether I will go or not.

The conditions are perfect for the drive down. However my return trip could be a bit iffy. As I get closer to home, the weather is forecasted to be in the mid 30's with a chance of rain. Yes I said rain. Now if you live where you get a traditional winter, you know that if those peeps who forecast are even a bit off in the temp that rain could actually be freezing rain. I have no problem driving in snow, but ice is a totally different story.

So now I'm wishing, just for a few days that our weather is a bit warmer..........................

What to do???

No comments: